Monday, March 5, 2018

Remembrance

I've been working on this quilt for what seems like forever. This quilt is a recreation of a family quilt given to my Darling Husband when he was still a small child. That quilt lived on our bed for the first few years of our married life. Even then, it was pretty worn.
I wanted to use the block in combination with a growing stack of 1930s reproduction prints to reacreate the quilt for his sister. This quilt is the result.
This quilt is much larger than the original. That quilt was something appropriate for a twin or a full. This quilt is more appropriate for a queen bed. Of course, that complicated the purchase of white batting, but I found some Quilter's Dream in white at Spring Water Designs.
I wanted the quilting to provide stability but didn't want to do custom quilting. I went with the swirl flower as an all-over motif. Once washed this beauty will be so snuggly!
The piecing is the real star in this quilt.
My accordion-folded binding ready to go. Making binding is a relatively quick project. Something I can fit in on a worknight.
I attached the binding by machine because I want this quilt to be used up, just like its predecessor. I don't think quilts should be put away for a rainy day, or for safe-keeping. I think quilts deserve to be used.
One last close up.

This quilt is number 10 on my Get It Done UFO Challenge 2018 list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.