Monday, March 26, 2018

Green Hour

This quilt is on my list for the Get It Done UFO Challenge 2018. It is number 1 on my list. I'm sure I failed to finish some other project when I pulled it out to work on it, but at least it is done. 
As I've said before, I don't usually have backing fabric on-hand. I picked up the two green prints from Spring Water Designs. They were on the discount shelf and I thought they would be the perfect backing for this quilt. The cream print in the middle was a leftover from a wide backing that worked to make the two cuts of green long enough to be backing for this quilt. Making a backing like this costs more than just buying the wide backing, but the leftovers are more interesting.
I even remembered to embroider the label onto the backing before I loaded it onto the frame (this happens more than I care to admit).
Loaded and ready for quilting. I loaded it so one long edge is along the top of the frame so I could do the wood-grain quilting the length of the quilt. For more about the construction of the blocks for this quilt, check out this post.
Here is back of the quilt after quilting. I always end up with way more knots in my wood grain than others, but I really like the texture. Check out Angela's quick video on quilting the wood-grain texture.
I used scrappy binding on this one, too. Because scrappy binding makes everything better.

1 comment:

  1. I love your woodgrain quilting! I like that there are lots of knots, I think it gives it a great texture -- sometimes I see woodgrain quilting that doesn't have enough knots but this is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.