Monday, March 19, 2018

On Ringo Lake

It's been a while since the last update on my On Ringo Lake mystery quilt.
It was chosen as the Get it Done UFO Challenge quilt for March, so I've been trying to get it as close to done as possible before the end of March. I finished all the sashing units and then had to make a decision on how I was going to orient them in the quilt.
Since I changed up almost half of the blocks to make true alternate blocks, and changed the colors, there was room for some play. I decided to use them to extend the alternate block instead of the primary block. I really like the effect. Each diagonal row was an adventure in sashing. The scrappy is there, but a little controlled.
I did manage to get all the rows pieced together. I really like this one, even if it isn't a quilt I would have chosen if it wasn't a mystery. I just love mysteries. This one was a great test of my patience and my skills.

Next is to get it quilted. I wonder if I can do that by the end of the month.

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous! This is probably my favorite ORL quilt! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful! Congratulations for getting the top done and making it your way! I am still working on the sashing.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.