Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Beauty and the Beast

I've been working on a bag pattern off and on for years.
It uses minimal hardware. The cutting is straightforward. (This means there are no pattern pieces, all the cutting is done with a rotary cutter and ruler.)
Construction is not complicated and easily accomplished in an orderly fashion. The bottom is covered in vinyl to protect those bottom corners. 
It has a zippered pocket on the back of the bag to hold you wallet for quick access. 
It has a top zipper that opens all the way. Inside it has three pockets to help you stay organized. Each of those pockets can hold my mobile phone. 
The strap is adjustable so it can be worn like a should bag or a cross-body bag. In short, it has all the features I like in an everyday bag. It is also a great way to showcase fun prints. You can see another in this post from earlier this month.

How close to a finished pattern is it? Well... right now it is a list of materials and cutting instructions. So, not very close. I will admit that I haven't made any changes to the construction or design in a couple iterations, so I guess the design phase is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.