Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Improv Piecing

I've been making some more progress on my Improv Piecing Project.
I pulled out my blocks and sewed some more into bigger blocks.
I pulled out a stack of black fabric to try to frame in some of the arcs. I really liked the black, but the pieces were becoming terribly large and more difficult to sew together.
I grabbed the biggest square ruler I have. I have the Omnigrid 15 inch by 15 inch square. It seemed the perfect size to cut out some blocks to build in some structure and still have some great, big blocks. I starched, and pressed and trimmed.
I cut and pieced. I think I'll stop at 25 blocks. That should give me a nice throw size quilt. I have two more to make before I can start arranging them. I don't have a plan right now, but I'm sure when I'm done I'll have a quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.