Monday, April 2, 2018

Geeky Bag

While writing this post, I realized I made my last handbag in July 2016. It was time for a new one.
I've had this computer/electronics themed fabric hanging around for a while. I had intended on making a couple geeky knitting project bags, but decided a new purse would be way better. I grabbed my (somewhat questionable) notes on the last bag I made and got busy.
This is my own pattern, designed around the features I like in a bag and more than a few tricks I've learn along the way. I prefer a cross-body bag, with a zippered top and a zippered back pocket. It also has three interior pockets perfectly sized to hold my cellphone, a pack of tissues, and the coffee cozy I carry because the cardboard ones just aren't that great. The adjustable strap is new in this version.
This one isn't as deep as my last one, which I think is an improvement. The strap is slightly wider, as well. The vinyl bottom really makes a difference in the wear the bag can handle.

This bag is on my list to write a pattern for, but pattern writing is so much more work than bag making. Until I can make it without scribbling a dozen more notes, it isn't ready for prime-time anyway. Maybe I just need to make a few more times.

1 comment:

  1. That’s an awesome new purse, Becca! My notes are much messier than yours! I look at them later and wonder, “what does this even mean???”

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.