Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Geometry - Quilts for Kids

This small Quilts for Kids quilt was put together by a friend after I helpfully handed her thirty blocks and some border fabric.  The scrappy blocks are a fun way to work through some of the scraps left over from other projects.  Besides, I love scrappy.
I had this smallish piece of batting, that was a perfect fit!

I wanted to do some fun designs I learned during my most recent Leah Day Free Motion Quilting class on Craftsy.  She always presents so many designs I have trouble deciding what to do.  If you want to learn loads of new free-motion quilting designs, I highly recommend her classes.
I used Super Circuit Board for the solid blocks.  It is a fun design that I may have stitched a little tightly for this quilt, but I love the effect.  I used a simple closed square-spiral for the wonky log cabin blocks.  All of these designs are presented in her Craftsy class Free Motion Fillers, Vol. 2.
I used the design Pipe Maze in the borders. I really like this one.  It is really free-form and lets me just lay down the thread.
While stitching along, there was a rogue swirl that sneaked into the quilting.  I'm hoping it is something like an Easter egg for the recipient. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.