Sunday, January 26, 2014

Scrap Busting

I have bins full of scraps. Not too many, but still multiple bins.  I will put some of the smallest bits into the bins to make scrappy blocks with. I've been saving and stitching leftover blocks together for years. I have a stack of 12.5" squares that will become a new quilt for my bed. When I have enough blocks.  This won't be the first scrappy quilt made with the leftovers, nor the last.
Over the last few days, I've been stitching my scraps into smaller, 4.5" squares.  These will easily stitch up into 12.5" squares to add to the bin.  Well, that's the plan.
This is one possible layout. Somewhat like a churn dash block. I think I might find another center square for it, though.  Do you use your scraps?  Do you have bins full of scraps waiting for something to happen?

2 comments:

  1. I just started cutting my scraps into regular sizes. Hopefully this will encourage me to use them more often. I haven't actually made an all scrappy one yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use them mostly for paper piecing projects. (Im stalking your blog today hoping it'll cure my recrnt "sewer's block"

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.