Sunday, March 16, 2014

Quilt as Desired: Bountiful Baskets

Nancy Page basket top c. 1935, Quilter:  Sue Papalia, Warren, Pennsylvania, www.zanykreations.com.  Each little flower is different and has its own personality. 
The quilting on this quilt really uses the negative space beautifully.  Different motifs in the setting squares and borders.  The simple parallel lines is my favorite outer border quilting design.  I'm not sure why, but I think it works well on modern and more classic quilts.

Please check out Mary Kerr's site to see the schedule of when and where these quilts will be throughout the year.  My photographs do not do them justice.

1 comment:

  1. so here you are, using your photos! The box of threads looked like an Easter basket treat! I want the try me pack now. I got the thread holder and it just doesn't work right for me, no matter how I position it, I seem to get thread catching. This is the third thread holder I've bought so this one must work out.
    It's just the cones... I quilt on my regular home machine.
    LeeAnna Paylor
    lapaylor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.