Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Quilt as Desired: Celebrating Cinda

While I was at the Original Sewing and Quilt Expo, I got to wander around and see all the amazing quilts that are part of the Quilt as Desired collection put together by Mary Kerr

I will share pictures of each of them and my thoughts.  Please check out Mary Kerr's site to see the schedule of when and where these quilts will be throughout the year.  My photographs do not do them justice.
Celebrating Cinda, applique top, c. 1940, Quilter: Pam Clarke, Spokane, Washington, www.homestitches.com

It never ceases to amaze me how beautiful long arm quilting can be.  I have merely scratched the surface of what is possible.  I love how the large area of the background has been filled with beautiful stitching that makes this simple quilt really shine.  I love all the different designs and the lines placed in the negative space to showcase that quilting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.