Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Quilt as Desired: Fancy Plates

Fan top c. 1930, Quilter: Barbara Dann, Bellefonte, PA.  The web address on the card is incorrect.  You can find more information at Alleycat Quiltworks.    
I love all the different quilting designs that are included on this wonderful top.  Feathers, and curls, and pebbles, and just loads of beautiful quilting.  Look at that binding!  This makes me want to try Dresden plates and just about anything with a white background.  I think I have some Moda around here that is reproduction prints.  I should find it and make something.

Please check out Mary Kerr's site to see the schedule of when and where these quilts will be throughout the year.  My photographs do not do them justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.