Monday, November 10, 2014

Quilters Quest - First Day, First Shop - Traditions at the White Swan

Last year I had a blast joining my very first shop hop.  I was surprised how many quilt shops were hiding out there in the Maryland/Northern Virginia area.  This year the Quilters Quest promises to be as much fun as last year.

On Saturday, I grabbed a quilting buddy and we headed out to the first stop on my list for the day:  Traditions at the White Swan.  Since the shop hop is ten shops in ten days I didn't want to rush it so we decided to take it easy.  I only planned to hit three shops.  Traditions at the White Swan is over an hour from my house so we started that way and planned to stop at the other two shops on the way back.
This shop was filled with fat quarters, kits and some amazing people doing demos and talking about tools, books and techniques.
I filled my little basket with fat quarters that I intend to use on Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt.  More about that as the Quest continues and I pick up more fabrics.  I'm going off-script with colors but I'm pretty excited about it.
While there I met a really fun and creative lady that is Cabin in the Woods Quilters.  Penni Domikis was great to meet and I really like her ideas on how to use up scraps with the tools we already have around the studio.  She shared stories about going to Quilt Market, a thing I hear about but will probably never get to go to.  If you are an Instagram user you should check out Penni's feed.  Loads of fun pictures to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.