Sunday, November 23, 2014

Quilters Quest - Fourth Day, Final Shop - The Scrappy Apple

The story of my adventures on the Quilters Quest Shop Hop continues:
On the fourth day of shop hopping I grabbed my quilting buddy and we headed out to Virginia.  The last stop on my 2014 Quilters Quest Shop Hop was The Scrappy Apple in Winchester, VA.  This shop is way off the beaten path for me (about two hours from home) but I love how friendly and open Kelly is when I stop in.  Sometimes I can even get Darling Husband to take me because there is a Camping World nearby. 
Kelly had some really amazing quilts hanging up in the shop.  I snapped a few pictures with my phone.  I love the swoon block.  I really should make one at some point.
I'm pretty sure this one is Night Sky by Jaybird Quilts on a white background.  I will have to make one of these someday.
This is the Quilters Quest quilt from the Scrappy Apply.  This is the quilt I've decided to make so this is where I finished quest.
Here is my Quest finishing bag!  Doesn't it look great filled with the last of my loot?
There were some little treats inside.  I also picked up some fat quarters, a postcard pattern and some of the "bolt of the day" fabric.  The last thing on that list is the yards and yards of gray fabric that will become the background for my Quilters Quest quilt.  I'm looking forward to this one!  I think I've stocked up for the long winter months.

Did you participate in a shop hop this year?  Did you find new shops to visit and meet more quilters?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.