Sunday, July 19, 2015

Charleston MQG: Love and Support

Recently the Charleston Modern Quilt Guild put out a request for blocks to make a quilt in support of the community forever changed by the shooting that occurred at the Emmanuel AME Church in June 2015.  Follow the link above to get the information on the block size, how they want it prepared and where to ship the finished block.
I made and sent along my block to arrive before August 1st as requested.  If you want to see how many blocks they have I recommend checking out the Charleston Modern Quilt Guild's Instagram account.  The last count I saw 552 blocks had been received.  They were still looking for blocks from several states (Alaska, Delaware, Hawaii, Louisiana, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, West Virginia and Wyoming).  If you have a couple minutes I hope you consider sending them a block to add to this project of love and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.