Friday, July 3, 2015

Embroidered Thank You for a Queen Bee

My Darling Husband asked me to make a thank you gift for a friend.  The somewhat loose request asked for a bag (or something) with a bee embroidery.  Not one to turn down a challenge, I came up with a plan.
I found this tiny bee design from Urban Threads and thought it would really make the zipper tab so much better.
The wide-open pouch design is a free tutorial from Noodle-head.  I've made more than a few of these and I love how easy they are and how great the finished bag can be.  These bags are great for holding your small knitting projects, or a crochet project or even some hand sewing.
Then I picked another great bee design from Urban Threads called Queen Bee.  Urban Threads offers many of their designs as hand embroidery designs.
Stitched up and assembled.  Design stitched on Pfaff Creative Performance with embroidery attachment.  I used fusible fleece for this project so I didn't add quilting.
The lining has a touch of gold in the fabric.
See how awesome that zipper tab turned out?  The final review of the bag was very positive.
I made another one in purple, but the zipper tag isn't as cool.

Have you used Noodle-Head's tutorials?  What about designs from her book Handmade Style?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.