Monday, June 27, 2016

Experimenting with Color

After my last experiment with dyeing yarn, I decided it was time to get to work and see what colors I could come up with. I started by creating 20 tiny hanks of yarn.
Each of these is 10 grams of yarn. Yes, I weighed every single one.
Then I dyed each of them in a different color.
The second lot I dyed I played a little bit with mixing.
Here is my rainbow. From the undyed at the top to the violet at the bottom.
I labeled each with the yarn information, the date they were dyed and the color used to get that result. My method is something I'm still figuring out, so some of these may not be consistent from batch to batch. I don't think that would be a terrible thing, by any means. I like options! I'm excited to use these as a tool to dye some yarn and see how it knits up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.