Friday, June 17, 2016

Love is the Baltimore Modern Quilt Guild

I'm not going to talk about the tragedy that struck Orlando over the last week. It is all just too painful. What I am going to talk about are the amazing members of the Baltimore Modern Quilt Guild.
Photo by Orlando MQG
When the Orlando Modern Quilt Guild put out a call for heart blocks in a rainbow of colors I couldn't resist. I started to coordinate as many quilters as I could to get stitching. I sent a message to the Baltimore Modern Quilt Guild asking them to join me in making blocks for a quilt to send to Orlando. And wow, did they respond!
I sent the request on June 14th. By the evening of June 15th I had enough promised blocks to make an entire quilt. By the evening of June 16th I had enough promised blocks to make a second quilt. I've left the spreadsheet open for those so inspired and there is plenty of time to make a third, or fourth, before the deadline. I can't wait to see all blocks!

What block am I asking them to make? The 10" heart block by Cluck Cluck Sew. You can find a free tutorial for the block in a multitude of sizes at Cluck Cluck Sew.

Don't Call Me Betsy also has offered up a foundation in three sizes if paper piecing is more your speed.

Want to read more about the project? Check out the Orlando MQG's blog post.

Want to sign up or sign up for you guild or just to send in a few blocks? Check out the information the Modern Quilt Guild's blog.

Lastly, you should totally check out the Baltimore MQG's blog. They are wonderful people and do wonderful things. They are just amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.