I was going through a bin of scraps to hand over some scraps to a guild member that asked for scraps for a paper-piecing project and pulled out these leftover 4-patch blocks. They were sewn into these chunks. I think they are leftover from a quilt I made about 15 years ago.
I dug through a pile of fabric Aunt Betty (this time from my Tia in California) had sent me and thought this purple was perfect. I cut some wider strips for the middle and framed it all with a 2.5" border. It came out to a nice crib-size quilt.
I pieced some batting leftover from a different project and loaded it all onto the quilting frame. This turned out to be a really Make-Do project.
I pulled another piece of fabric from my growing collection of fabric for the binding and finished up this little quilt over the weekend. I added a label and it will be off to Annapolis Quilts for Kids in a couple weeks.