Friday, December 9, 2016

Tropical Garden

A couple years ago I made this quilt top using more than a small stack of batik strips I had. For the record, this didn't put much of a dent my my collection of batik fabric. I should pick some modern design to use up some of that fabric. I found the backing fabric on sale and the two have been hanging around on my shelf for entirely too long. I loaded up the frame and decided to use some things I'd learned in Christina Cameli's Craftsy class Wild Quilting.
I combined the flower power motif and the bear claws motif to create some really spectacular texture on this quilt. I added in some echo quilting when I needed to fill a smaller space and I think the results were totally worth the work. Thread is So Fine! #50 from Superior Threads.
I love the petals of the flowers and the echoing is pretty awesome, too. I added the binding to the top of the quilt so now I will have to finish it by hand. It is on my list of things to do. Along with about a hundred others.
I embroidered the label directly onto the backing fabric before quilting. This is my little bit of insurance. If you want to remove my label you either have to cover it up, or you have to cut it out of the quilt. The embroidery design Doodle Dragonfly from Urban Threads.

Day 9 of the 31 Day Blog Writing Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I can not respond to your comment.