Monday, July 31, 2017

Row by Row: Golden State Quilting

While in California to see family, I convinced Darling Husband he should take me to a couple quilt shops. The Row by Row Experience is a fun way to learn about new shops and support small businesses all around the country and the world. Their map works with the application (I am a Google phone user) on your phone to help you plan your shopping trip. I added each one as a stop in a logical order to get us around to the shops I wanted to stop at.
It is possible I got carried away with the shopping. I'll share each of the rows as I go through them and share a link (when available) to each of the shops. I had a great time looking around these shops and I intend to make a quilt with the rows to commemorate the trip to California.
I started the sewing journey with this fun row from Golden State Quilting. I purchased kits at each shop I visited and sometimes a little more. This kind of shop hop is great to get people to try new shops and I like to support small shops when I can.
The row is all raw-edge applique and I really enjoyed putting the row together. There is so much detail in this block that I'm not going to stitch around all those shapes before quilting. I don't think the finished quilt will get so much use and washing to worry about it. I'm certain the fusible and the quilting will be enough to hold it all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.