Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Green Hour

This was my mashup of Bonnie Hunter's 2017 Leaders and Enders project. I wanted to use up a bunch of my 2.5" strips but I didn't want to make a bunch of tiny hourglass blocks. I decided to use the same fabric for the center strip of my strip unit and made hourglass blocks that way.
The result is an interesting effect. I pieced until I had used up most of my green 2.5" strips (almost all of those width of fabric) and had enough for a top.
The layout is 6 blocks by 7 blocks, each block finishes at 12" by 12".
I added a 3.5" wide border. The border was cut from leftover backing fabric. I used two different fabrics. I really like how it frames the blocks. The finished size will be around 78" by 90". That isn't bad from a bunch of leftover fabrics. This one is number 1 on my Get It Done UFO Challenge 2018 list.

Cutting tools:
Creative Grids 6.5" x 24.5" Rectangle Quilting Ruler
EZ Quilting Easy Angle 6.5-inch
The Strip Tube Ruler
Tucker Trimmer III

1 comment:

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.