Friday, June 26, 2015

Busy Bee for May

In February I told you about the bee that I joined in my quilt guild.  I am a member of the Baltimore Modern Quilt Guild.  The bee is to be run by a different member for six months.  I started the bee with my star blocks.  First I did a friendship star and then a wonky star.
Since then I've made more star blocks and a plus block (not shown).
I also made some crumb blocks in a single color family.  Here are my red and blue blocks.
The May bee block is a great block.  It is a wonderful way to use up some little pieces of fabric.  I made the colored bits of my blocks with fabrics from my crumb bin.
I made two blocks.  One in green and the other using my yellows and oranges.  You can find a tutorial for the Scrap Plus block at We All Sew.  I handed these blocks over at the last guild meeting.
I also made a big signature label for my bee quilt.  The quilt isn't even close to done, but the label has been signed by all the block makers and I'm really pleased with that.

Have you tried any new blocks lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.