Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Charity Quilting: Green Strings!

I've been making string blocks off and on over the last few months.
Sometimes six or seven in an evening.  Sometimes more.
I have been peicing thses on a paper foundation.  I'm using pages from the phone book trimmed to 6.5" by 6.5".  You can learn more about making string blocks and this technique from Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville blog post about string piecing.
I recently sat down and played with the layout for these blocks.  I used 42 blocks to make a quilt just perfect for donation to Annapolis Quilts for Kids.
I loaded it up and got quilting.  With all the movement in this quilt, I didn't do any fancy quilting.  The humble meander is enough.
I attached a fun green striped binding and the Quilts for Kids label.
Ready for the next meeting of the Annapolis Quilts for Kids.

Have you been doing any scrappy sewing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.