Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Homespun Yarn Party

Sunday I popped over to the Homespun Yarn Party to check things out, meet and interact with other fiber enthusiasts, and participate in some local shopping.
I was very frugal with my shopping dollars because it won't be long before the next Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival. I have to save at least a couple dollars for that amazing event. I bought three hanks of amazingly beautiful fingering yarn.
First up is some supper-yummy Ewe So Happy Sock by Tempting Ewe Yarns. I picked out Rainbow Brite and Whale Rider. I'm still not sure what I'll do with these, but I'm sure it will be awesome!
Next was some Polaris Sock from Snallygaster Fibers. The color is Bellatrix and it was just too perfect to leave there.
I also came across the perfect combination of geekery and fiber. A shop with a 3D printer printing drop spindles. Metis Industries prints colorful whorls for drop spindles. I couldn't resist a stop by the shop to see the machine at its work. They have loads of designs in a rainbow of colors. They even have one that looks like a Tardis.

I'm glad I stopped in to see the many vendors. It was a great little event. I think I really need to check out the Charm City Yarn Crawl to really get to see what some of these local shops have to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.