Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Retail Therapy and a Quilt Show

Last weekend I went to a fun little quilt show in my own town. The Southern Comforters Quilt Guild of Bowie, MD, put on a great little quilt show just a short drive from my house. I did my part to participate in some retail therapy.
I picked up some 24" purse zippers. Let's hope my color sense didn't fly away and at least one of these will work for a planned project.
I had to pick up this darling kitten fabric from Prints Charming.
I love it when the guilds do their "Out of the Attic" sale. I picked up these great fabrics for a whopping $2. That knit themed fabric is going to become an awesome knitting project bag.
I didn't take many photos of the quilts, but I did cast my vote for viewer's choice in every single category. I tried to give each quilt my honest time when I filled out my ballot. These stockings really made me smile.
The mini quilts that were placed with the entries to prevent people from touching the quilts were just as amazing. This one was one of my favorites.

I should totally drop by for a guild meeting and meet some of the amazing quilters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.