Monday, July 18, 2016

Fibre Share Swap

When I joined the Fibre Share swap I knew I wanted to make things for my partner. It's what I do. It's who I am. A maker. I dyed some amazingly soft superwash fingering from Knit Picks in colors that my partner liked.
I made a knitting project bag using Noodle-head's free tutorial. The embroidery on the front is from Urban Threads. The zippers are from the always amazing ZipIt Zipper Supply. I quilted the outer bag panels on the long arm before assembling the bag. This bag is perfect for a project that uses 200 grams or less of yarn. You can fit the yarn and your project inside and the wrist strap helps you keep the bag with you when you are out and about. (I'll be writing a more detailed post about the bags and how I loaded them onto the long arm for qulting.) Use those few minutes waiting for appointments to stitch. Don't let idle time be wasted time.
I made two bags for my swap partner. I had picked up some fun knit-themed fabric at a quilt show and this was the perfect project.
When I put it all together the package looked like this. Yarn I dyed, some purple from the Knitting Boutique, two project bags and some other little goodies. It was also the perfect way for me to pass along my favorite shawl knitting needle. It seems I bought two the same size.
But what did you get? Well, let me tell you! I got my own stack of awesome. This is the bag of yummy yarns and goodies I received from my partner.
I love everything about this package. They yarn is amazing! so soft and beautiful. The yarn at the top is La Bien Aimee and I love the colors. The wonderful speckled yarn is from Julie Asselin. I see another warm and luscious shawl in my future. The magazine is almost too pretty to be a magazine. The stitch markers are my new favorite. I've already put them to use on a new shawl project.

Have you joined any fun swaps recently? Have you found a fun, new yarn that you are just in love with?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.