Friday, July 8, 2016

Retail Therapy Yarn

I signed up for Fibre Share a while back. As the shipping deadline approaches I begin to wonder if I have enough to fill a package. I know I do, but I was worried. I decided I needed to go to Fibre Space to make sure I had everything I needed.
I knew I was close when I came across this lamp post dressed in wonderful knit. Everyone at Fibre Space is so warm and thrilled about knitting and yarn and notions.
I ended up buying way more yarn than I needed and most of it was for me. On the list of things for me was some absolutely amazing self-striping sock yarn from Knitterly Things. I cannot tell you how much I wanted every single colorway of this yarn. It's called Vesper Sock and I absolutely love it. I'm not kidding when I say that I wanted every colorway. With names like Electric Revolution and Kiss Me Deadly I how could I refuse? this is my first attempt to make the stripes do what I want in a shawl. Don't worry, this was ripped and I think I have a plan. If this ever works out as a pattern I'll let you know.
Sadly, I didn't take very many photos of my mad loot. I don't know what I was thinking. Mostly that I wanted to knit with that sock yarn right now. I also bought some wonderful fingering from Jill Draper Makes Stuff. So many fun color choices and the yarn is made in the U.S. from sheep to yarn shop. That's pretty awesome! That is the green/gray/yellow in the lower right-hand corner of this photo. All but the skein at the top are recently caked Hawthorne from Knit Picks. That hiding blue/purple/green at the top of the image is another skein of Vesper Sock.
Right now I'm working on knitting this Dotted Rays with two colorways of Hawthorne from Knit Picks. There is a Dotted Rays Knit Along, you should check it out.
I started a Bosc Pear with some more Hawthorne from Knit Picks. Here is the beginning of the first lace section. I am really liking this one even if it does take a little more concentration than other knitting.

So much yarn and so little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.