Friday, August 26, 2016

Tiny Knitting: 5 Shawls in 5 Days

 
I came across the 5 shawls in 5 days challenge and couldn't resist. If you want to learn the basic construction techniques for knitting shawls this is a great introduction to several shapes. this is the first, a simple triangular shawl. 
Then the crescent shawl. This is before I blocked the tiny thing.
The 3/4 shawl. I think I will have to ponder this shape for a while before I decide to knit a full-sized shawl. Good construction technique, though. I wonder how hard it will be to make it have another point?
The asymmetrical shawl. This is the basic boomerang shape and I'm still not convinced that I like it for a shawl.  
The final shape was the swirl. Mine isn't perfect as it seems I dropped a stitch somewhere. Another one that I think I may have to play with to get it to work with my creative style.
Finally, is the lacy one on the bottom. This is one that has been knocking around in my brain for a while. I was pretty sure it would work, but hadn't gathered the nerve to actually knit it until now. I'm working on the 7th tiny shawl. I think I'll knit doll-sized shawls for all my experiments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.