Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Quilt Soup

I wanted to get some hands-on time with an Innova long arm quilting machine. I decided it was time to jump in by taking a class at the Virginia showroom of the Longarm Network. They were offering a class called Quilt Soup and it seemed a good fit for me.
Their shop is big and bright and filled with thread and machines. Definitely my kind of place. The staff is super friendly, helpful and so supportive.
The Innova longarm is a great machine and when I'm ready to upgrade they are at the top of my list. The support is excellent and they don't just sell you a longarm, they empower you to be your own technician which is something I love. I'm not afraid of working on my own sewing machines as long as I have the support I need to do so. For this reason I'm confident this is the machine for me.
The class introduced several quilting motifs and encouraged us to use the many different books out there to incorporate as many as possible into the piece. I likely used way more swirls than I needed, but they are such a great filler. I'm so glad I took the class. It really helped me feel like I'm on the right track with my creative journey.

So, if you want to practice your free motion quilting on your domestic machine, or try out some things with your longarm I recommend you pull out a couple of those panels you bought for some crazy reason and get stitching. You never know where your creativity will lead. Besides, it is only fabric and thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.