Monday, January 1, 2018

2017 Year in Review

2017 Year in Review

About a year ago I shared my 2016 year in review. It's time to do that again. First, let's go over the goals from 2017 and see how I did.

Goals for 2017:  
  • quilt 4 charity quilts a month - I managed to squeeze in a couple more over the last weekend. 
  • 2017 Charity Quilt Count: 49
  • finish at least 6 unfinished objects during the year. I joined in the Spring Water Design Finish It Up Challenge. I managed to complete 10 of the 12 projects I submitted. You can see the full list in my 2017 UFO Challenge post
  • continue to work through my fabric collection with more projects aimed at Sew My Stash 2017 - I pieced and quilted several quilts with fabric from my collection. I still think I purchased too much during the year, but I don't really keep track of things like that and I'm not about to start now. 
  • start the new year on a fabric diet and try to stick to it - I may have made it a few months. At least I tried. 
  • spend some time working with InkScape and 5D Embroidery to create digitized embroidery designs - did not get much of this done. I use my time for so many other things this didn't get onto the calendar. 
  • write, test, publish at least one pattern - again, I'm claiming I didn't have time, which means I didn't dedicate time to it. I did work on a couple pattern designs and I started to write one. When I realized how much work it was going to be I lost my pattern-writing will. 
  • host a sewing day in my studio - Did not even try to get this done. 
  • add to this list when I find something that needs to be added, new goals are important - I don't think I even looked at this list more than when I wrote it or came back to it at the end of the year.
  • get paid to quilt for others - no more free quilting! - This one I did do. I only quilted two quilts for others, but I was paid. 
Goals for 2018:  
  • quilt 4 charity quilts a month, that's a total of 48
  • finish at least 10 unfinished objects during the year (as many as I finished in 2017)  
  • continue to work through my fabric collection with more projects aimed at Sew My Stash 2018. She who dies with the most fabric didn't sew fast enough. 
  • start the new year on a fabric diet and try to stick to it for at least six months. (Remember, backing fabric doesn't count. If it did, quilts would never get finished.)
  • write, test, publish at least one pattern - I mean it this time!
  • host a sewing day in my studio - or teach a class that lasts more than 10 minutes of instruction and that isn't based on someone else's pattern
  • add to this list when I find something that needs to be added, new goals are important
  • continue to get paid to quilt for others - no free quilting!
  • collaborate with another creative person, I must know some creative that wants something quilted

Total blog posts for 2015: 133
Total blog posts for 2016: 173
Total blog posts for 2017: 163

I'm looking forward to 2018!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.