Saturday, April 17, 2010

Almost There: Thangles Sampler

I don't want anyone to think this sampler quilt has become a chore. I'm still having fun. I'm just ready to get to setting the blocks. Now that the weekend has arrived I'm making much better progress. Three wonderful blocks done.This block is a Basket. By far, the most difficult block I've made in the entire set. I had to use the seam ripper more than once to get it right. I like the finished block more than I thought I would when I was ripping and grinding my teeth.This is the Ohio Star. I love the tiny pin-wheel in the center of this block.
Here we have Goose Crossing. I'm not sure they should qualify as "flying geese" blocks if they are made with half-square triangles, but I'll accept that the effect is the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.