Monday, April 19, 2010

One, Two, Quilt!

I love it when a quilt comes together.
Now that all the blocks are finished, I laid them out. Just a little moving about of blocks until I was happy with the setting. I cut the setting blocks and got to sewing them into the quilt top.
The pale-pink, setting blocks really lighten up the quilt. I trimmed the little points off the edges and cut the border. True to form, I failed to follow the instructions. I cut the border a little narrower than the instructions indicated. The border print is very busy. This worried me a little when I was cutting. I like the overall effect, though.

I've got the backing (more pale pink but in flannel, because flannel backing makes for such a snuggly quilt), batting and quilt top all layered and pinned. I'm still considering my options for quilting the layers together.

5 comments:

  1. Those blocks are amazing! I'm just learning now how to quilt and can finally appreciate the work that is involved. Really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh beautiful! Love the pink =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the pattern, beautiful quilt!

    I sent the link to a quilting friend of mine so that she can check out your blog too

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your kind comments. I'm still working on getting the thing quilted. Now that the weather has warmed, it's difficult to sit with a quilt in my lap and keep at it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love quilts and this one is awesome! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.