Monday, May 29, 2017

In the Mail Monday

I received some great new colors of Superior Threads' So Fine #50. I love this thread and I use it for almost all my quilting as a top thread. I'm not as picky about the bottom thread as long as it doesn't create a bunch of lint in the bobbin area.
I ordered the Wrights 9.25" by 13" Easy Star and Geese Ruler. I wanted a ruler bigger than the one I already own. I haven't given it a try, yet. I have used the Companion Angle (1" to 10") and it changed my thinking on flying geese and hourglass units. I did come across a project that called for cutting a piece just outside the ability of that ruler so I wanted a larger ruler.
I also picked up the Creative Grids 6.5" Square Ruler. I have the Tucker Trimmer I and I love it for squaring up half-square triangle blocks. I wanted to give this a try. I am still trying to get to know this ruler. It isn't as quick to find my desired size as the Tucker Trimmer I. It definitely is more versatile. I found it very helpful for trimming up string-pieced blocks. (For big blocks, the Tucker Trimmer III is great, too.)

I love rulers! Do you have a favorite ruler in your collection of tools?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.