Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Knitting Update

The Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival is coming up next weekend and I've been trying to complete some of my knitting projects so I don't feel so bad about all the yarn I'm likely to buy.
This is my version of Rigoles knit in worsted weight yarn. You can find it on Ravelry. This type of project, like many shawls, grows with each additional wedge. I use Knit Picks Options Interchangeable needles so I can change out my cable when the work starts to build up. I continue to add cables of different length cables to make the basic set even more versatile.
It is a variation on the Wingspan pattern that incorporates Swing Knitting. If you aren't ready for Swing Knitting but want to try short row shawl knitting I highly recommend the Wingspan. German short rows are a great technique and you can make a wonderful shawl using an ombre yarn like Chroma by Knit Picks.
Speaking of ombre yarn. . . I picked up this yarn last year at the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. Fiber Optic Yarns Foot Notes Paint Box and a coordinating hank of Foot Notes Sock.
I caked up the little hanks from the paint box in color order, and printed out Starburst by Stephen West. I have no idea how this is going to work out, but I look forward to the finish.
I continue to make slow progress on the Hale Bopp Mystery Knit Along by Ambah O'Brien that started months ago.

I'm making my wishlist for the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival, not that I see myself sticking to any sort of preset conditions once I walk through the gate and see all the pretty yarns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.