Monday, May 22, 2017

Knitting Update: Starburst

I picked up this wonderful Fiber Optic Yarn last year at the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. I've been waiting for the perfect project.
I decided I would give it a try using Stephen West's pattern Starburst. This pattern is available on Ravelry and in Stephen's book Westknits Bestknits. One thing I love about this book is that it includes a code for the patterns on Ravelry. This means you get digital copies of the patterns from the book added to your Ravelry library. How awesome is that?
I took this project with me to the 2017 Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. No one questions a knitter at Sheep and Wool and it is perfect when you have to stand in line for the bathroom, or for lunch, or for ice cream (not that weather was nice enough for ice cream.
I've made it through the first section. Now I'm adding the lower edge of the shawl. I'm making the small size shawl, which isn't all that small (78" long).
This is my current travel project. I take it with me where ever I go. As a passenger, I can knit in the car on the way to all sorts of things. When those self-driving cars get here, I'll be able to knit and let the car do the driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and will attempt to reply to questions as I am able. I reply to comments exclusively through email. If you do not change your settings in Blogger to ensure you are not a no-reply blogger I cannot and will not respond to your comment. NOTE: Comments are moderated; spam will be removed and reported.